Website monitoring tools or services are essential assets that are used to ensure the proper running of a website and avoid a prolonged outage. Website monitoring tools also help in optimizing website performance, its speed, mitigating possible outages or downtime, and ensuring uninterrupted services.
If you are running an eCom website then it is more important to have a running website monitoring tool that can help in minimizing downtime and losing a potential buyer or customer.
In this article, we will describe all the possible benefits of a Website monitoring software and the 10 best website monitoring tools that you can use based on your requirement and preferences.
- 1 Benefits of Website Monitoring Tools-
- 2 Best Website Monitoring Tools
- 3 #3 Site 24X7
- 4 Final Thoughts
Benefits of Website Monitoring Tools-
- Monitor website performance and report the average uptime of the website
- Alerts for any outage via email, messages, phone calls
- Track any network errors
- TRack outage based on geography and debug the issue
- Track un-authorized access or content updates
- Integrate with current web and provide real-time updates locally along with debugging solutions
- Monitor and alerts IP Stresser attacks
- Provide monitoring services for mail, database, server, and many more types of important entities.
Now let’s jump to a list of the 10 best Website monitoring tools with specifications, pros, and cons of each tool. Please note that the benefits discussed earlier might not be applicable to all Website monitoring tools and you might have to read and select the one that best suit your requirements.
Best Website Monitoring Tools
Fluxguard, the first Website monitoring tool on our list, is one of the best Monitoring service provider software. It provides not only downtime monitoring but also informs any unauthorized activity, changes to content, and code.
- Monitors and alerts any changes to the website like HTML, text, APIs, and network activity
- Offers multiple screenshot comparisons to monitor pixel-level changes
- Intelligent Machine Learning provides advanced defacement protection
- Google Lighthouse audits look out for performance issues
- Sequence multi-step, multi-page synthetic transactions to detect errors in registration, cart, and login flow.
Uptrends is the second tool on our list of 10 Best Website monitoring tools. Uptrends is a paid website monitoring tool offering both synthetic and real user monitoring. With 226 checkpoints distributed across the globe designed to perform monitoring activities, Uptrends is one of the best and most reliable tools to monitor heavy websites.
- Simulate slower connection speeds to test the website performance for lower-speed user segments.
- 226 checkpoints distributed across the globe designed to perform uptime and transaction monitoring.
- Provides error snapshots to capture how end users view a website error.
- Helps track slow or inconsistent web pages along with debugging for the causes
- Generate website performance and speed tests for particular areas to boost the performance of more revenue-generating areas.
#3 Site 24X7
Site24x7 is a SaaS-based paid tool offering both synthetic and real user monitoring. Site 24X7, as the name suggests, it is a 24X7 monitoring solution designed especially for DevOps and the IT sector. The support factor for its 24X7 availability is its monitoring servers distributed across the globe in more than 110 geolocations.
- Offers Website performance monitoring, server monitoring, Synthetic web transaction monitoring, and much more
- Network monitoring for critical devices like routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Helps in recording and simulating multi-step user interactions in a real browser and optimizing them (RUM)
- Public and private cloud monitoring to distribute the workload on clouds like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Collect, consolidate, index, search, and troubleshoot issues using your application logs across servers and datacenter sites.
- Instant alerts via email, phone, and SMS.
Pingdom is one of the best website uptime monitoring tools. Pingdom is a popular paid tool that offers transaction monitoring, uptime, page speed, and web layout change monitoring. It offers real-time alerts for any type of outage or change in the website using various alert mechanisms.
- It offers synthetic and real user monitoring
- Monitors all parts of the webpage for any change or downtime.
- Offers a free website speed test tool for rate performance grade, calculating load time, and providing optimization suggestions.
- Provide geography-based monitoring to check website performance for users from a particular location
- Offers API to integrate with 3rd party tools for information distribution across the platform
UptimeRobot is a website monitoring tool that offers various monitoring services that is more than enough to make sure that your site run with optimal performance and close to nil downtime. Ping monitoring, and port monitoring services offered by UptimeRobot make sure your network is working without any issue. UptimeRobot services are so reliable that if there is any downtime then you will be the first to know.
UptimeRobot offers free as well as paid website monitoring services. With a free package they offer up to 50 monitors, also referred to as monitoring checks, with a five-minute check interval limit. There are several advanced features for enterprise with its paid plans.
- Reliable website, network monitoring
- Offers a free plan with 3 months of logging features and 50 monitors with 5 minutes interval
- Offers SSL certificate monitoring designed to report SSL errors and certificate expiration alerts
- UptimeRobot offers keyword monitoring to check the presence or absence of specific text in the request’s response body (helpful in SEO monitoring)
The next website monitoring tool on our list is Statuscake. As the name suggests, Statuscake makes it a piece of cake to monitor the website for its optimum uptime. It offers various services like real-time monitoring and alert system, loading speed tests, logging, etc. Let’s dive deep into the features of Statuscake, a website monitoring software.
- Offers free as well as paid monitoring services
- With the free package, you can avail yourself 10 uptime monitors per month with test intervals of 5 minutes
- Offers pricing segments starting from $20 to $65 with advanced features like more request uptime monitoring, SSL monitoring, etc.
- Offers an analysis of the website speed at which your website loads for various geographical regions
- Offers website testing locations in 48 places across the globe.
- Offers virus, trojan, and other threat tests
DATADOG is one of the best website monitoring tools with tons of features and services. It provides instant performance insights like loading speed, uptime logs, possible threats, etc. DATADOG offers both Real User Monitoring and Synthetic Monitoring for better monitoring and analysis. Let’s go through the unique website monitoring features offered by DATADOG.
- Offers Real User and Synthetic monitoring options
- Offers monitoring services like Infrastructure monitoring, Container monitoring, Distributed tracing, etc.
- It helps in identifying user behavior and product usage insights with lucrative customizable dashboards
- Monitoring services help in minimizing website fatigue
- The AI-powered alert mechanism helps in minimizing false alerts and unnecessary panics.
- Monitoring results are segregated to categorize incidents caused by frontend or backend errors.
Sematext is a website monitoring tool that offers real user monitoring and synthetic monitoring services. With customers like Instagram, eBay, and Microsoft, Sematext is one of the best site monitoring software. Let’s dive deep into features provided by Sematext.
- Offers a user-friendly logging mechanism enriched with Analytics based on various parameters
- Helps in end-to-end application performance optimization
- Offers services like log monitoring, API monitoring, server monitoring, container monitoring, and many more monitoring services
- Throws real-time alerts via various mediums for any outage or error encountered
Uptime is website monitoring software that does various monitoring activities like downtime logging, alerts, threat analysis, etc. Uptime offer website performance check for 30+ geographical locations. They also alert via various mediums like phone calls, SMS, etc.
- Offers a smart alert system that notifies only when the website is down, ignoring false alarms
- Best support team to help 24X7 when in need
- Uptime offers a dashboard that displays reports and logs based on various parameters and gets updated in real-time
- Offers connection and integration with DevOps tools
- Provides free trial with limited features
- It checks the website for various trojans and viruses to make sure your website runs without any malware
- This software has the capability to monitor HTTP(s), API, TCP, DNS, and real user monitoring.
Updown is the last software on our list of best website monitoring tools but that doesn’t mean this tool is in any way lesser than any other monitoring tools described in this article. This tool is specialized in website monitoring and periodic URL availability checking. If any issue is found then Updown uses various communication mediums to alert users about outages or downtime.
- Updown provides an API integration feature to build a custom integration with third-party web apps or tools like Webhook, Zapier, Telegram, Statuspage, and Slack.
- It offers multilingual support that makes this software more user-friendly.
- Downtime is confirmed from various geographies to make sure of website availability
- Updown offers dual-stack monitoring (IPv4/v6), with the same cost
- Updown offers monitoring frequency down to 15 seconds (with paid packages)
- You will receive alerts for expiring soon or invalid certificates.
As a site owner or admin your primary aim is to get on top of issues like slow speed, malware, incapable hosting, etc., and fix them as early as possible. Prolonged downtime may cause adverse effects on your brand or your eCommerce website and may lead to revenue loss too. That is why you should always have a support system called a website monitoring system.
Long story short, by using an effective website monitoring tool, you can transparently monitor website performance and send alerts to relevant stakeholders to notify them of various performance issues and mitigate them prior to any damage. This support system can help reduce downtime, and optimize performance factors like runtime, speed, stress handling capability, etc.