Startup companies or new developers often get confused regarding Angular and Flutter for web apps and mobile app development. But before you choose one, it is significant to understand the smooth functions of both languages with attractive features.
Flutter uses a single code language developed by Google to create native iOS and Android applications. On the other hand, Angular uses typescript language and HTML structure for development. Moreover, Flutter uses DART, an object-oriented programming language used for mobile development.
Let’s dive deep to understand the core differences between Angular and Flutter so that you can make the right choice as a web developer. Additionally, an Angular development company can guide you on the right choice of language.
What is Angular?
Plus, it comes with a standard structure that helps create large applications that can be easily maintained. Angular is a growing framework that provides better ways to develop a web app.
The best part is it changes static HTML to dynamic HTML. As a hybrid framework, it can be used to create both mobile apps and online apps. Additionally, Angular’s quick development ability can handle a higher degree of inactivity, which makes it more popular on the front end.
Main Features of Angular:
- MVC or Model View Controller consists of three main components – model, view, and controller.
- The model manages the application data; the view displays the application data; and the controller connects the model and view component.
- The second feature is data binding, which acts as a two-way process. It helps view the layer of MVC architecture as a copy of the model layer.
- You don’t need special code to bind data to HTML control.
- The view layer and model layer synchronize with each other, saving time.
- Other features of Angular are – custom components, browser compatibility, and dependency injection.
Pros and Cons of Angular:
- In Angular – you can break different modules into files, perfect for large applications.
- The strict structures lower the errors in different development stages. With this, the chances of redoing the web project will decrease.
- Angular offers massive support from worldwide programmers. In addition, it offers reactive programming options, and the coders can use the RXjs library while interacting with the tool.
- It helps compose and retrieves asynchronous data streams.
- Angular offers complete support for mobile browsers, and you can use the tool for full-fledged mobile development. Also, you can create web applications with cross-browser support.
- It comes with many add-ons and libraries, which reduces the time to develop solutions.
- Google supports the framework and releases updates after every six months.
The only drawback of Angular is that you cannot build a fully-fledged native app. It doesn’t allow you to develop mobile apps without SDK. However, in Angular 2+, Ionic is the best choice. The tool can build applications for both – Android and iOS.
What is Flutter?
Flutter was released in 2017 by Google as an open-source cross-platform app development kit. It can build apps for Android, iOS, web, and desktop. Flutter has a more opinionated architecture than Angular and also offers a consistent UI across platforms.
The best part is that you don’t have to maintain two distinct mobile apps for Android and iOS with Flutter, which reduces the project cost. Also, getting started on your project does not require more than one developer.
With Flutter, you can customize the widgets, so the customers can have a pleasing experience. Additionally, the software kits come with many tools that can help you work on the apps. Flutter uses DART, which focuses on front-end development.
Main Features of Flutter
- Flutter uses a single code – DART for both Android and iOS platforms.
- It is a single language that provides type safety.
- Flutter is not bound to the widget system.
- Moreover, it enhances the possibility of the ambit of Android versions, thereby reducing dependencies on the host platform.
- Flutter language is growing with great speed, and it has an active community base.
- You can develop the best app versions with different addons, features, and widgets of Flutter.
- Additionally, Flutter and DART unite to optimize the virtual machine VM for mobiles needed by Flutter.
Pros and Cons of Flutter
- Mobile apps based on Flutter run on the VM development process.
- It ensures a hot reload, so you don’t have to recompile the product.
- Flutter offers exceptional features for user interfaces, which opens up many options for developers.
- It is the best choice to build mobile applications with visual effects.
- You can develop high-speed flutter-based mobile apps as there are no bridges; the interaction between native components is faster.
- In addition, it offers straightforward documentation support. SDK documentation does not look messy, and the situation is different after the presentation. Additionally, coders work hard to get the structure right.
- Flutter is a progressive web app development language that helps build many pages. It’s also a good option for developing progressive web apps.
Flutter has a small community of developers, so fixes are made slowly. Another drawback is you will have to check the libraries more carefully to ensure they aren’t abandoned.
Additionally, it takes more time to develop a mobile app on Flutter, slowing down the process of the mobile app from start to finish.
Angular Vs Flutter – Which one is the best?
Choosing the best language for your app development can be tricky. If you want Google-based tools – you can try an open-source kit like Flutter. However, if you are working with the Angular web app, it makes sense to reuse it on another platform.
Performance wise also differs as React needs to be interpreted but Flutter offers native support. That is why Angular is slower in comparison to Flutter, it still possesses more stability than its peer. When it comes to performance, Flutter is faster and less complex than Angular.
In ionic SDK, you can wrap your product in the native mobile app. Finally, you will need to decide on the language based on your project requirements and features.
Hope you find Angular vs Flutter helpful and hope you were able to decode which one is suitable for your business/project/startup.
If you want to explore an app developed using Flutter then you can download and check our app, developed using Flutter and Firebase.