How to find anyone’s email address? With the rise of data privacy, this topic has been hotly contested and debated during the past decades because it is not easy anymore.
Well, if you are here then you must be looking for ways to find someone’s email address. Maybe the motive can be to connect with a potential buyer, influencer, celebrity, or any other reason.
Using email is the best and most professional way to put your points, make an offer, or get someone’s opinion. If you are able to connect with the right person after spending some time to find his email details then it is totally worth it.
If it is taking a lot of time to find anyone’s email address then you don’t have to worry. We are here to help you.
In this article, we will describe the 10 best and legit ways to find anyone’s email address quickly.
- 1 How to Find Someone’s Email Address?
- 1.1 1. Dig In with DuckDuckGo or Google Search to easily find anyone’s email address
- 1.2 2. Use an email lookup service (like Hunter)
- 1.3 3. Refer to the website’s contact and About Pages
- 1.4 4. Use Contact Swap app like Jigsaw.com
- 1.5 5. Hunt back email address using Website’s NewsLetter
- 1.6 6. Use prospect’s Contact Form
- 1.7 7. Use LinkedIn connection Export
- 1.8 8. Use Who.is to find the prospect’s email address (registered with domain)
- 1.9 9. Use Twitter
- 1.10 10. Use combinations of trial and error
- 2 Conclusion
How to Find Someone’s Email Address?
Here are some of the most solid tactics and tools we’ve used for finding a person’s email address. Let’s start!
1. Dig In with DuckDuckGo or Google Search to easily find anyone’s email address
Google and DuckDuckGo are a few of the best search engines but you must have never thought of them as a medium to find someone’s email address. With a little tweak, we can use them as our email address finder.
If you are looking for an email address from some media house, publisher, try DuckDuckGo or Google Search and put a phrase with a company name like this:
If you don’t know the first name and last name then you can simply search @todaystechworld.com.
If nothing comes up, try other variants until you find the unicorn email address among the donkeys.
This method is more efficient with DuckDuckGo as their search engines don’t auto associate the ‘@’ symbol with social media handles.
2. Use an email lookup service (like Hunter)
Using an Email Lookup tool is probably the easiest way to find an email address. All you need to do is enter a person’s name and/or a website, and the tool will search for the relevant address for you.
There are many Email lookup tools specially designed to find the email of your best internship company or the lead that you were looking for last 2 weeks.
In order to get full fledge service, you might have to spend some money on these apps but there are a few apps also available.
- GetEmail.io – Free up to 10 searches per month and then $49 – $399 as per the need.
- Finder Expert– 300 free searches/month and then from $39 per month for 5,000 searches ($0.008/search).
- Find That Email – 50 free searches/month and then $29/month for 500 searches ($0.058/search).
- Snov.io – 50 free searches/month and then from $29 for 1,000 single searches or 500 bulk searches ($0.029/search).
- Email Finder from Hunter – 50 free searches/month. Paid accounts from $49/month for 1,000 searches ($0.049/search).
- Voila Norbert – Free trial of 50 free searches. Paid accounts from $49/month for 1,000 searches ($0.049/search).
- FindThatLead – 50 free searches/month. Paid accounts from $49/month for 5,000 searches ($0.0098/search).
- eMail-Prospector Pro – Free trial of 50 free searches. Paid accounts from $1,195 per year, limited to 4,000 searches ($0.299/search).
- FindEmails.com – Free trial of 50 free searches and then from $19/month for 500 searches ($0.038/search).
3. Refer to the website’s contact and About Pages
Referring to the website’s contact and about page sometimes lands you to the exact email address and other contact information you were looking for because they usually provide their email address looking for others to connect with them regarding their business.
Well, their email addresses mentioned on About or contact pages might be for their customer and might not be useful for intern hunters or sellers but usually, these emails can help you get to the exact person or even relevant link. All you have to do is use your pro email writing skill.
Sometimes you might find it difficult to navigate to any website’s contact or about page to find someone’s email address because of their website’s tricky designs and navigations. In that case, you can randomly try these example URL formats:
4. Use Contact Swap app like Jigsaw.com
Many online platforms provide help to find anyone’s email address using user-generated data.
Jigsaw.com is one of the best platforms that offer such information for “free” in some cases.
The working model of such platforms is if you provide one contact email address information, they’ll let you have one without an additional charge.
However, since all of the information is user-provided, there is no guarantee it is accurate.
5. Hunt back email address using Website’s NewsLetter
If your prospect’s website or blog features a newsletter, then it can be an opportunity for you as many websites generate newsletters from their personal email address.
All you have to do is subscribe to their mailing list and wait for their next newsletter. This can be a quick and easy way to obtain the email address you’re looking for.
If you get the newsletter from a generic email address then you don’t have to be disappointed. There is another way that still might help you get your prospect’s email address.
You can reply to one of the newsletters to share your opinion or ask an insightful question and you might get a response which sometimes cced with the email address you might be looking for. You may continue the discussion to initiate your sales pitch.
6. Use prospect’s Contact Form
Often websites offer a Contact Form for users to put their query and contact details in order to get in touch. Sometimes they mention the email address as well to get in touch.
However, if there is no email address then you can simply put some relevant queries in the contact form and push them on the prospect’s website.
If they reply then it will land in your email inbox and you can use your email writing skills to discuss further your sales plan or internship plan.
7. Use LinkedIn connection Export
LinkedIn being the most popular platform for professionals offers a very unique and useful feature called Connection Export.
So if you’re connected with your prospect, you may be able to get a hold of their email address.
Here’s how to export your LinkedIn connections:
Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of your LinkedIn homepage, then select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
Click to the Data Privacy tab in the right side menu and then scroll down to the “Get a copy of your data” option.
Select the connection checkbox and click on request archive.
Provide your LinkedIn password as confirmation and in 10 minutes your file will be sent to your email address.
Use your prospect’s email to fulfill your venture or communicate regarding your query.
8. Use Who.is to find the prospect’s email address (registered with domain)
If you are looking to find someone’s email who has their own website then you should try the method for checking information about ownership of a domain name.
Who.is a query and response protocol that is widely used for querying databases of website domains and their respective owner details. This can be useful in finding someone’s email address if they are using the website.
Usually, domains are registered with Admin email or some common email addresses. But, you can always connect with the admin politely and ask them to connect you with the right person in organizations.
9. Use Twitter
Twitter is one of the best social networking sites filled with professional and subject experts.
Twitter bot usually capture the contact information. To avoid that people sometimes include their email addresses in their tweets or Twitter bio and try to hide them from bots by using “dot” and “at” instead of “.” and “@”.
To leverage this feature and get someone’s email head to Twitter Advanced Search and search your prospect’s tweets for “at” and “dot”. This trick helps in finding anyone’s email address without much effort and cost.
10. Use combinations of trial and error
As per Ankur Warikoo, a famous influencer, guide, and motivational speaker, “Most important part it trying, asking for help. If you want someone’s email then you should directly compose an email and send it to all the combination of possible emails using their first name, last name”.
Well, it makes sense if you are looking to find someone’s email for applying for a job, looking for an answer, applying for an internship. All you have to do is generate emails with all possible combinations. Like
FirstName + LastName @companyname.com
FirstName + LastName @companyname.in (If they reside in India)
FirstName + LastName @companyname.au (If they reside in Australlia)
Hope you liked our article on how to find anyone’s email addresses. If you are looking for someone’s email to generate sales lead then better be sure. It is advised that use efficient methods like Email Lookup Tools to get the email of your prospect.
On the other hand, if you are looking for the email address of a prospect to get some answers or apply for some position then you may go with free tools.
Just make sure to use these listed methods to find someone’s email wisely. Try to be specific and do not spam someone’s inbox because it may ruin your reputation.